Tuesday, January 09, 2007

CES 2007

This weeks is the Consumer Electronics Show, and although I am unable to attend the show, I have been browsing through the huge amount of articles streaming steadily into news sites, blogs and what not.


At least the constant bombardment of information from Sony, Nintendo and to a lesser degree Microsoft and what each new gaming console can do for you. Basically, the winner will come down to price and we all know Nintendo tipped the scales long ago with a 299 (Canadian) dollar price tag. Microsoft's Xbox has had a clear edge do only to the fact that the system has been released a year last November, but I'm sorry, for a system that is a year old, 499-599 is still a lot of money. As for the Playstation 3, at a whopping 699-749 Canadian, I will not have one anytime soon. Sony has to relies that, yes your system might have the best technology, it all comes down to who can afford the technology.


Next week will see the official launch of Windows Vista to the open market. Although I have yet to even see anything other than a Beta, I do know that Dell Canada is sending machines out with Vista preloaded, but most people I have talked to have just wiped it and installed XP. Although I don't have any fond memories of the Windows XP launch, I'm hoping Microsoft won't put their asses back in the fire any time soon. I know if their beta users had the same issue reporting issues as some of us did for Windows Media Player 11, they don't know half of what's wrong.


Apple today launched their iphone. Last I checked Cisco has exclusive rights to the iphone name. When will cell phone makers relies that some of us just want a normal phone. When you start adding features to the phone, half of which the normal consumer will not use, it starts to cost us money. I know my bill is huge because the sell you crap you don't need all the while forgetting to tell you how many minutes are on the plan so you go over them and get shafted,


All and all this year's CES will go and everyone will forget what was announced because half of the crap you can't buy until June anyway. So simmer down, take a chill pill and relax, there will be enough Vista's and iphones for everyone. Just remember, you will be their ever loving lab rats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home